Data protection is about your fundamental right to privacy. You can access and correct data about yourself. Those who keep data about you have to comply with data protection principles. This site gives information on individuals' rights and on organisations' responsibilities. It also gives you guidance on how the rights and principles apply in different practical situations like for example in the workplace or the use of CCTV. I hope you find this website useful and my office is always willing to provide assistance.
Data Protection Commissioner
- 11/05/2015 - Office of the Data Protection Commissioner to participate in global investigation into apps and websites targeting children.
- 27/01/2015 Commissioner welcomes doubling of funding for Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
- 11/12/2014 - Joint Open Letter to App Marketplaces
- 25/11/14 - Successful prosecution of a private investigator by the Data protection Commissioner at Dublin district court.
- 6/10/14 - Data Protection Commissioner welcomes outcome of prosecution proceedings against Private Investigators.
- 10/09/14 - Global Privacy Sweep raises concerns about mobile apps
- 13/08/14 - Guide to Audit Process
- 29/07/14 - Enforced Subject Access now an Offence
- 18/06/14 - High Court Decision
- 30/5/2014 - Link to Google take-down request form
What can I do online?