Data protection is about your fundamental right to privacy. You can access and correct data about yourself. Those who keep data about you have to comply with data protection principles. This site gives information on individuals' rights and on organisations' responsibilities. It also gives you guidance on how the rights and principles apply in different practical situations like for example in the workplace or the use of CCTV. I hope you find this website useful and my office is always willing to provide assistance.
Data Protection Commissioner
- 13/08/14 - Guide to Audit Process
- 29/07/14 - Enforced Subject Access now an Offence
- 18/06/14 - High Court Decision
- 30/5/2014 - Link to Google take-down request form
- 26/5/14 - HIQA and Data Protection Commissioner sign Memorandum of Understanding
- 12/5/14 - Commissioner launches Annual Report 2013
- 12/5/14 - Annual Report 2013
- 6/5/2014 - Office of the Data Protection Commissioner to participate in global examination of mobile apps
- 28/3/14 - Guidance to Political Parties on Electronic Direct Marketing in upcoming Elections
- 21/3/2014 - Data Protection Commissioner welcomes publication by An Garda Síochána of data protection audit.