Data protection is about your fundamental right to privacy. You can access and correct data about yourself. Those who keep data about you have to comply with data protection principles. This site gives information on individuals' rights and on organisations' responsibilities. It also gives you guidance on how the rights and principles apply in different practical situations like for example in the workplace or the use of CCTV. I hope you find this website useful and my office is always willing to provide assistance.
Data Protection Commissioner
- 2/12/13 - Guidance for charities and members of the public on charitable donations by TEXT (SMS).
- 22/11/13 - Data Breach at Loyaltybuild: Update
- 13/11/13 Press Release - Data Breach at Loyaltybuild: Update
- 13/11/13 - Press Release - Data Breach at Loyaltybuild: Update
- 12/11/13 Press Release Data Breach at Loyaltybuild
- 25/9/13 Adopted Resolutions and Warsaw Declaration from 35th International Conference of Data Protection & Privacy Commissioners.
- 26/8/13 Introduction of Commission Regulation 611/2013
- 22/8/13 Request for submissions - Official Languages Act 2003 - Preparation of a draft scheme by the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
- 14/8/13 Global Privacy Enforcement Network Internet "Privacy Sweep"
- 27/6/13 - Press Release - Data Protection Commissioner signs Memorandum of Understanding wih FTC